I hope you’re having a great day!! As it’s mother’s day, I thought I’d dedicate a post to my mom. We’re both very different and she sometimes drives me crazy, but it doesn’t change the fact that I find her one of the most beautiful women that I know. I’ve learned from my mom, that no matter how long you’re married, taking care of yourself is extremely important, because you want to look good for yourself and for your partner. It means you still care. I don’t know how she does it, but she always looks amazing in life and on pictures. I rarely ever look good on pictures someone else takes from me… (need to work on my poses)…
Everywhere they go, my parents are always color coordinated haha! That’s something I’ll never be able to convince the BF to do… But, I have to say, I think it’s very cute!
Yeah, I know, no need to tell me… I know I look more like my dad haha!! You’re cute too dad!
My mom passed on to me the love for make up. Even more so than me, she loves trying out new products and experimenting with. I might a professional make up hoarder, but I can safely say, her collection is not smaller than mine haha! She likes to focus more on good looking skin, than eyes.
I decided to ask her a couple of beauty related questions. So here are her beauty secrets.
1. What is the one skincare thing you never skip in your routine?
I always make sure to wash my face. I first remove my make up with a make up remover milk or micellar water and afterwards I wash my face.
Side Note: Yup, I’m also a firm believer!!
2. What is essential to maintain young looking skin?
- Always! Always wash your face with ice cold water. It’ll keep your skin tight. I also do that for my legs and chest! (Believe me, you guys, her chest still looks amazing, though I’m dreading the feel of ice cold water on my body!). It also helps when you have puffy eyes…
- I never continuously use the same brand. When I finish a bottle of something, I just try out another product.
- And I think it’s classic: but I always make sure to get enough sleep and it also helps that I don’t drink much and don’t smoke.
Side note: My mom actually has very oily skin. But she does moisturize it all the time. She always carries around a little bottle of moisturizer in her bag, so that she can always apply some under the eyes.
3. Would you rather have high end products or drugstore products?
I need both in my life. I like to switch things up. It’s not because it’s high end that it’s the best. And on the other side, it’s not because it’s drugstore that it’s not good. Your skin needs you to switch it up from time to time.
4. What is the one make up product that you’ve always applied throughout the years?
5. What is your favorite beauty spa treatment?
I love smacking on fresh Aloe Vera gel, directly from the leaf of the plant. But I stopped doing that because it is often so sticky. My skin get’s so soft after I use it!! But I like to use what I have at hand. Sometimes, I like to put on avocado or even yoghurt with curcuma for whitening some pigment spots.
6. Describe your make up when you go all out.
Lots of glitter and shimmer, bold lips and fake lashes :D.
Side note: Each time she asks me to do her make up, it’s the more glitter the merrier :D. She loves orchid or bright purple shades for the lips.
I hope you’re having a wonderful Sunday and that you enjoyed reading this post!
I’ll talk to you guys soon!!